View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: FTS - Some suggested improvements/additions

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nano,

I don't think we are on the same page here. I am only talking about the rebuy when the user is all-in. I am not suggesting that you change anything about the auto-rebuy except for when the user is all-in. The way you have it coded, the user rebuys for max every time the user is all-in. I am just suggesting that you give the use the choice to rebuy for less than max *when they are all-in*.

Is that difficult to do? I can't see the downside to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there is some confusion on how the software works now. The auto-rebuy feature always rebuys for the max anytime the user's stack drops below the auto-reload point. If the user wins the hand, Full Tilt prevents the user from buying extra chips if he is already over the max buyin after including the amount he won in the hand.

To reload to max buyin, the software checks the "max buyin" option on the get chips dialog box, and it only has to do this once per hand even if user makes several bets before he is all in.

You say not to change anything except if he is all in... But if the user bets $10 and that drops him below the reload point, the software will reload to max. If the user then goes all in, the software doesn't do anything, because he is already reloaded to he max.

I assume you don't want the software to reload to max if you bet $10, and reload for a different amount if you go all in.

Perhaps you could set the auto reload point to be a very small percentage, say 3%. Then the software would only do a reload when you were virtually all in. If the software did reload to the initial buyin amount at that point, that might be close to what you are asking for. But you still have the problem that if you win the hand, you end up with 50% extra in chips (because the software did a reload for you, win or lose). And in this case, you only get a reload when you are all in.

But this method would not work well if you set the buyin to be 25% and set the reload point to be 20%. If your stack fell to 20%, the software would rebuy an additional 5% in chips for the start of the next hand. If you then went all in, the software would not rebuy again (as it already did one rebuy in the hand). If you lost, you would start the next hand with only 5% in chips.

Now the software could be changed to do more than one rebuy in the hand (but then it is annoying to see that pop up every time you bet). If you bet 10% preflop, it would rebuy 10%. If you bet 10% of your stack on the flop, it would rebuy another 10%. If you lost the hand, you would get what you wanted with a replenished stack. If you won, you end up with your original stack plus your winnings plus another buyin amount.

Did you say you are ok with it buying additional chips if you end up winning the hand?

I really don't see any way that this would work well, considering all of the ways the betting could go down in a hand. If you want to give me some senerios for how you think it would work for both the all in case and if the user makes smaller bets and then gets all in, it might help (rather than just talking about the all in case). Where would you set the reload point and the initial buyin point to be? What would happen if the user just barely dropped below the reload point? What would then happen if he bet more in the hand? Then what would happen if he goes all in?

I'd also love to have a auto reload method that works well for playing with a short stack, but I just don't see it yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nano