View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: The time you spend on this site

Not only do I appreciate the knowledge that I attained out of this forum, I find enjoyment watching bad players become become better.

The Lounge has been an interesting place for me because it is a place that I can express my views and hopefully gain other perspectives on them. It is not surprising that my views are odd, or incorrect, but why they are odd or incorrect. Thinking about the poster that was surprised that some people grew up in such and such a way and gained perspectives, I understand the sentiment. The Forums give a safe place to explore other people's oddities. I hope that you also know that this is a place where I can work on myself, and gain other perspectives. To think that three years ago, I could never dream of owning a computer. It shows progress, and how different I am in my perspectives from my own upbringing.

The most important thing I gained out of the forums is a better understanding of how to write and communicate. I suppose that the Lounge is better for those of us who like to write the novella, but over-all, I have learned to be more clear and concise. Although some of my posts are all over the place, most of them have a focus that I feel would otherwise take years to attain.