View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Rickjs Handicapping Picks wk of 10/30

Centris is correct. My methods attempt to find value in a plays so that over the long run you have a positive expectation.

My assumption is that most everything is already built into the line. The books are quite adept and knowledgeable in keeping current on all factors that will influence a game. There are only a very small percentage of handicappers that have superior abilities to the books.

That being said one thing that the books are very adept at is knowing which way the public will lean on a play. So in order to balance the money and also give the public far worst of it the lines on occasion are off to accommodate the publics perceptions.

That is where I concentrate....finding value that is usually intentionally placed there by the books. My 2 neural net models along with my filters attempt to accomplish this.

Obviously both the nfl and ncaa fb have worked out great. Nhl has very few plays. Nba last season was great the 1st half and a disaster the 2nd half. And overall baseball was about breakeven.

Right or wrong that is how I approach handicapping.