View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Joe Sebok Barred From Canada Over Vandalism

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i heard this, and was just wondering why sebok wouldn't just tell them he was going to play in the tournament, since i'm sure that's what his plan was anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's BS that they barred him (and the stuff about the trafficking allegations seems like something out Brazil or something), but it seems Joe took the wrong approach to crossing the border and offered way too much info at the outset. As our cabbie mentioned after we passed the border, "Never tell them more than you have to." Canadian customs are notoriously huge [censored]. Unless they were traveling with a bunch of recording equipment or something, there was no reason to complicate things by saying anything other than, "We're going to play a poker tournament." Anyway, sucks Joe...

[/ QUOTE ]

When you commit a crime you never get across either border unless you have a waiver or pardon. Rule apllies both ways and custom agents on both sides can be pricks. Heck the Americans tortured an innocent CDN for two years admit the goofed but still will not let him in.

Though in my mant times crossing both ways only one bad experience and that was with the US border guys. No sympathy for him. Though I do hear our border guys are worse than the yankee ones