View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

balto, i don't mind limping with hands like AA/KK now and then, but i don't subscribe to harrington's idea to do it at random. i like to do it when i'm pretty sure someone behind me WILL raise who would have otherwise folded if i had raised. if the guy is probably going to be on my immediate left and is over aggressive, i specifically like this because he can raise, i can see what everyone else does pf, then i get to close the action. if everyone else folds, i have the option of smooth calling. if there is one or more calls, i can re-raise and win a much sweeter pot than the blinds/antes. obviously, there is a place for limping with big pairs at later stages in a tournament where there are lots of short stacks that are desperate and moving all-in every hand, but folding to a raise in front of them.

again, i like limping at times with big pairs, but i like to do it for a reason rather than on a purely random "mix it up" whim.

edit: i don't like being in the spot you are where reads are tough and you're OOP. i'm fairly good at putting my opponents on a range of hands in other spots, but not in a spot like this, which is why *for me*, this is a spot where i see no point in going broke.