View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: My Online Poker Plan

[ QUOTE ]

1. Buy a new Dell laptop around Christmas (I need one, and apparently you can get some really good deals around then.)

[/ QUOTE ]Make sure you get one with a graphics card and monitor that supports at least 1600x1200 resolution. A little more expensive but essential to multi table IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Buy PokerTracker and PAHUD and spend some time learning how to use them.

[/ QUOTE ] Yep

[ QUOTE ]
3. Create an account on Poker Stars through PSO for their 1-year Stox Premium membership bonus.

[/ QUOTE ] OK

[ QUOTE ]
4. Create an account on Full Tilt through a reputable rakeback affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ] make sure you take the rakeback code and not the free gift offers thay have at times

[ QUOTE ]
5. Post lots of hands on 2+2 / StoxPoker.

[/ QUOTE ] Yep

[ QUOTE ]
6. ???

[/ QUOTE ] ???

[ QUOTE ]
7. Profit.

[/ QUOTE ] mmmmmm Maybe if you are good enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts, advice, criticism? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ] Don't run before you can walk. Online is so different from live. Start with one table low stakes. When you are confident add another table if you want. When you can beat that level move up slowly.

Bankroll management - there are a gazillion threads if you search. Make sure you are properly rolled at each level before moving up. pzhon gives very accurate advice of bankrolls but it is a little deep mathmatically. It is right but I am not sure everybody will take it on board. Try to stick to his advice but if you cannot get your head around it then accept some of the more general advice on number of buy-ins needed. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF BANKROLL MANAGEMENT.

Variance WILL happen. Get used to it and try not to tilt.

Must be more. Anyway good luck