View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself

New forum member here ... please be gentle as this is my first post.

I had the opportunity to attend last week's PPA event and meet many of the dedicated individuals working on the noble cause of a legal, regulated, safe environment for poker in the US. I must say I was very impressed with the event and the effort that is being put forth.

As a relative newbie to many of these issues I don't know all that has gone on in the past (though it certainly seems we have a much more proactive PPA working on our behalf than in the past), and I have no idea to what the "Board Issues" refers.

Having said that I believe a strong PPA is critical to our goals as this is the organization that has the ability to mobilize the masses (voters) and this will be imperative to any legislative solution. (At this point I suppose I should divulge the fact that I am NOT a member of the PPA Board).

So, assuming we are all of the same mind that US legislative/regulatory relief is a goal ... then I hope to see the day where the PPA receives more support from this important forum and I hope that day arrives soon. Thanks.