View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: The time you spend on this site

I came to 2p2 because I was looking for a poker strategy forum after being a frustrated red chip cardcounter. I had spent time on blackjack boards so I was aware of the value of strat forums, but blackjack can be a tough grind if you don't have a large bankroll. You have to find playable games in grimy, nasty places well off the Strip.

One day I read a post by a counter whom I respected. He said he'd pretty much abandoned blackjack for Hold 'em and was making a lot more money. I thought, poker eh? You can play poker in nice places on the Strip, and there's lots of poker right around home; I don't have to hump up to Reno or go to Vegas to find a decent game.

So I spent a lot of time in the strat forums originally. At the same time I was starting my family and no longer had the time I would have liked to devote to poker. It's been fun watching some of the strat posters from 'my era' ( I have some 1/2 6max hands against Stoxtrader in my db) go on to mondo poker success. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious but I wouldn't trade my current situation for anything and hell, poker will always be around.

After some time away from the site I came back and started posting more in the old OOT. I found the same kind of smart folks who are good at poker can also be pretty entertaining and informative in other areas as well.

2p2 has kept me up to speed on the entertainment and sports worlds. I've learned a lot lurking in the finance forum also.

I do spend probably more time than I ought here. I could be studying harder with my down time at work. On the other hand, working nights in front of a computer can get pretty quiet and weird; reading threads gives me something like a link to the outside world. I'll be around.

Cliff notes: I spend probably more time than I should here. But I like it, so what the hell.