View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: SEC football > all other football

[ QUOTE ]
They were putting him in before LSU started running this 2 QB system that they've been doing recently.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was the second game of the season, and they've run it since then, so I don't really get what you're trying to say here.

[ QUOTE ]

You honestly think that the SEC is tough because of the media? That's a joke dude. The SEC is tough because...um, it's tough. Everyone is just fast and good. They're not good because the media said they are. School's recruit well and put together good teams, not the media.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's tough because it's tough? Are you [censored] kidding me? Take a course in logic sometime. Everyone is just fast and good? No. Not everyone in the SEC is good. Or consistent.

[ QUOTE ]

And if you think that asking someone to come to Baton Rouge to prove something is dumb, then why is it ok to say that Tennessee got throttled at Cal? If the argument doesn't work one way, it can't work the other.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because going to Cal isn't exactly the most daunting environment. They have people in trees protesting expansion of the stadium. Comparing this, Tennessee going to a decent Cal with lackluster support, to going into Death Valley against LSU this year is a pretty ridiculous comparison. All that aside, your argument doesn't even come close to making sense since one event actually happened and the other is just a hypothetical that you assume would turn out in a certain way. Claiming the SEC is better because an SEC team lost at a Pac 10 stadium but the Pac 10 team would likely lose to an entirely different SEC team in an entirely different situation is absurd.

[ QUOTE ]

I really find it unreal that you think Oregon could beat LSU on a neutral field. Don't get me wrong, I really like Oregon. I enjoy watching them play. But that's absurd. I don't even feel like I have to argue this point. Just let me know when you find Oregon's defense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Well you do have to argue this point because it's not nearly as absurd to people coming from outside SEC territory. You want me to find Oregon's D? Find LSU's while you're at it. They gave up yards in chunks to teams with offenses worse and more straightforward than Oregon's. I'm not saying it'd be a blowout or anything, but acting like they don't even have a chance is stupid. I just don't think Flynn could keep up with Oregon's production in a neutral environment.