View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Aussie Millions / PCA PROBLEM - Help Please!

It seems that the Aussie Millions package conflicts with the PCA package. I have already won my Aussie Millions seat, but planned on going to the PCA (I intend to win a PCA package within the next couple weeks, but if I don't win one I can tag along with brother and buy-in directly). Now, I have to decide whether to just go to Australia, or split time between the Bahamas and Australia sacrificing some value.

So, I won my Aussie Millions seat thinking it would just be for the Main Event which starts the Jan 14th. The PCA is Jan 5th - 10th. However, I receieved an e-mail from FTP stating that I will depart from LAX Jan 7th and return Jan 21st. So, here are my possible choices:

1. Go to PCA. Fly out of Bahamas Jan. 11th. Make several connections and fly the whole day arriving in Melbourne on Jan. 13th.
Pros- I get to play in the PCA and Aussie Millions with my bro. I get to see Bahamas and Australia. I get two shots at two big tournaments.
Cons- Plane tickets cost 2k a person for roundtrip tickets to Melbourne. FTP will give me 3k to make my own reservations. So, -$1,000 if I take a person. I sacrifice a week of free hotel in Australia, time spent relaxing, VIP functions with FTP Pros, and an assortment of entertainment that I do not know the specifics of.

2. Go to Australia and skip the PCA
Pros- I get to enjoy Australia to the fullest extent. I've always wanted to go there. I get to enjoy all the FTP VIP functions and hang out with the Pros, etc.
Cons- I miss out on the PCA and possibly millions... My brother will have to meet up with me on the 13th in Australia.

So, what would your choice be? Any constructive suggestions/input would be appreciated. Thanks.