View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Micro stakes need advice

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really agree with the advice to avoid playing shorstack. I think they have the theoretical advantage in cash games. Every bet must defended with some probability. Deepstacks defend out of their stack against each other and thus must play more cautiously when there are more than one of them. Shortstacks don't suffer this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't suggest that shortstacking can't be played profitably or that there weren't strategic advantages (pretty much everyone has read GSIHE), I said that it's not a good way to develop your game.

Shortstacks also thrive only in certain environments anyway. Those advantages vanish HU, for example. It's really a parasitic approach to poker, and frankly it's kind of boring. There are players of course that do this at all limits, but IMO you'd be better served just learning how to play.

You have to be able to to handle a full stack at uNL, especially if you're looking to grind. The potential winrates are much higher for competent deep stack players compared to shortstackers.