View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: A7ss flops NFD + OESD...

[ QUOTE ]
If villain isn't the type to check-call a scare card, I like to save the extra raise for *AFTER* I hit my big draw. One extra SB @ 55% equity is worth much less than one extra BB @ 99% equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is one of those cases where you can look at the hand in isolation. Aside from the immediate value of a flop cap (and the potential for getting a free card), the metagame value of capping the flop holding "just" a draw can earn us quite a bit on future hands in the same session. I think that this thread proves that a lot of players at these stakes simply don't understand just how big a draw we flopped here, and how strong our drawing hand is.

And of course, you can argue that 1 extra SB at 55% equity is worth a hell of a lot more than 1 extra SB at 34% equity, which is what we're paying if we flat call the flop 3bet & call a big bet when we brick the turn (that's giving villain AA). Not to mention that capping the flop actually does a better job of disguising our hand than 3betting & calling, especially if we end up hitting on the river vs. the turn.