View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
Crazy idea question

If we had bonus VPP tables, would you play them? Example 4-8 limit/nl tables where the top rake taken was $3.50. $3.50 drop would equal 3 VPPs.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

If rake was taken at the same %, but just with a $0.50 higher max, I'd probably play on the tables some, esp. during months I was feeling lazy and wanted to earn whatever VPPs I needed a bit faster.

$0.50/9 players = avg $0.055 rake contribution, less for players winning a smaller than avg % of these max rake pots. Extra 3.5 FPPs would be worth 5.25-5.4 cents, plus it would take fewer man-hours to reach Nova/SNE. IMO likely a very nice option to have, assuming action was same or better as on "normal" tables.

Edit for pokerboy's post:
Not sure if it would be mostly SNE types, but good point that it would be people chasing VPP tiers so a lower concentration of occasional/recreational players.

If the action was significantly worse, I wouldn't play on them, but I would still support Stars adding the option (maybe even more) since "regular" tables would in theory then be better.

Bottom line:
What would be the downside to Stars OR players of adding them and seeing if they get play?