View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: My Online Poker Plan

There are alot of steps you've missed really.

Getting accustomed to online play is very difficult for many live players (myself included way back when) and you need to do that before you begin really playing. I think even if you play 1000NL live, you should probably start out at 100NL at the most online. You're playing alot more hands and always alot faster. You cannot go into online poker with the same mindset or style as live, you will not profit (unless you're an extreme nit) so getting used to poker before really playing it is a big thing.

Reading books is a very big bonus as well. While personally I don't think books are extremely valuable as poker is very situation dependent, it will give you the basics on how to "read" players online and adjust to the very adaptable and diverse styles online.

As you said for one of your steps, posting hands on 2p2 and/or Stox will be a great help. There will almost always be atleast one or two hands in a session that bug you for days possibly and through the help of forums you can figure out if you made the right play or bad play or not.

Any other questions you may have, feel free to post and good luck in your journey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]