View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: SEC football > all other football

[ QUOTE ]

You may think the SEC doesn't play a tough non conference schedule, but like Noze Candy said, it's because every week is a tough game in the SEC. ESPN College Gameday could literally go to an SEC school almost every week for a big game.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've been skimming wrong, I've pretty much said the exact opposite. The only reason this SEC schedule is so tough right now is because the media has said it is from the beginning of the year. There is very little objective material to prove the SEC is indeed sooooo good right now.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone who thinks the PAC-10 is better than the SEC overall is out of their mind. We've had 7 teams in the top 25 at one point this year, 4 of those in the top 10 at one point, and 2 of those in the top 5 at one point. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy PAC-10 football. Oregon is one of my favorite teams to watch by far. Dennis Dixon is an animal imo. But top to bottom, the SEC is deeper in strong teams. 11 of 12 teams in the SEC have winning records overall compared to the PAC-10's 6 of 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi, using a notoriously bad ranking system as an argument for conference strength is only as good as that system: bad. And could the whole winning records thing be due to crappy non-conference scheduling? Or because everyone in the Pac 10 beats up on each other? Or that does excuse only fly in the SEC?

[ QUOTE ]

And LOL@ LSU haters. Wasn't Virginia Tech's D supposed to be one of the top ones in the nation when we played them at the beginning of the season? How many points did we put up again? 48? If I remember correctly, our backup QB was in the game IN THE 3RD QUARTER. Cmon, be real with yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wasn't Michigan SUPPOSED TO BE the 5th best team in the country? VA Tech is not good with Glennon at QB, his ineptitude hung the D out the dry against an already good offense. That was a great win though, don't get me wrong. Also, LSU's backup QB is arguably better than the starter, so don't act like they're just putting him in out of mercy. Nobody is really hating on LSU that much; they're good.

[ QUOTE ]

If you're gonna base your argument that the Pac-10 is better than the SEC over the Cal/Tennessee game, then that's just dumb. How about you send someone here to Baton Rouge to play LSU? Then have the play Kentucky the next weekend? After that, how about we send them to Florida? Don't ask for a bye week in between those please. Let's see if they can win all 3. I'd be surprised to see anyone in that conference go 2-1 in those 3 straight games. I'd love to see any Pac-10 team go through the 3 straight games that LSU had to go through of Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn and see how you fair.

[/ QUOTE ] The point is that Tennessee got throttled by a team who is faring worse in-conference than they are. Asking someone to come to Baton Rouge to prove how good your conference is is stupid, and is basically saying "Let's put you in the harshest possible environment we have to offer and laugh at you if you fail." Go to Oregon in late November this year and see what happens. LSU has proven to be good. Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn have proven to be inconsistent and highly mediocre at times. Oregon would thoroughly toast every single one of those defenses and I seriously think they would beat LSU on a neutral field. If LSU couldn't stop Kentucky or Florida, they are not stopping Oregon.

[ QUOTE ]
/end thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, not really.