View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: SEC football > all other football

[ QUOTE ]
But you guys were talking about EMOTION and INTENSE HATRED and guess what, MSU and PSU both hate Michigan with a passion. Alabama/Auburn rivalry is by no means "easily" the most heated. Do you guys seriously not see how ridiculously homertastic you are? I'm not debating that there are great rivalries in the south, but all you tools act like that is all there is. There's no possible way to measure any of this crap other than your opinions. Just because the media force-fed us the SEC this year doesn't make their superiority beyond questioning.

I'm not saying the Big 10 is better on the field right now. I'm saying both have looked pretty average this year. If the SEC turns out to be the best come bowl time, I'll readily say it. Then I fully expect a bunch of crap from all of you who will act like you knew it all along when you don't know anything for sure based on any facts.

And oh yeah, you nailed it Danny, PSU can't get loud without the entire crowd putting on the same colored shirt. Shut up. If Georgia did the same thing for a game you'd be going off on how much spirit everyone has.

FWIW, here's a bit from MGoBlog about the SEC this year:

[ QUOTE ]
The events of the past few weeks have caused me to radically revalue the SEC. To wit: it sucks. (For the record, the Big Ten also sucks. The Pac-10 is where it's at this year.) When Mississippi State takes down two supposed contenders, your conference is not good. What real evidence do we have of the SEC dominance that braindead sportswriters and southern yokels proclaim every fall? A brief SEC OOC dossier:

GOOD

LSU crushes VT. Georgia handles Oklahoma State who, yes, lost to Troy but is rounding into a decent Big 12 team. Auburn beats another decent Big 12 team, Kansas State.

LOOKED GOOD BUT UH...

Kentucky beats Louisville. Congratulations. Get in line behind Syracuse.

BAD

Auburn loses to USF. Tennessee is crushed by Cal. Mississippi State, competitive in conference, is obliterated by WVU. South Carolina struggles with awful UNC team. 'Bama loses to thoroughly mediocre FSU.

IRRELEVANT

Ole Miss loses to Mizzou, but they've also lost to every SEC team they've played so no points off.

That is the entire listing of SEC games against BCS competition and it's mostly bad. Mississippi State sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks sucks, sucks and they've beaten Auburn and Kentucky. 3-2 in the SEC Tennessee was crushed by 2-3 in the Pac-10 Cal. 4-1 in the SEC 'Bama lost to 2-3 in the ACC Florida State. So the SEC can suck it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SEC could be the best conference in college football ever this year and it would still be overrated the way people down here talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

baseball's not like football. you can't score when you are on defense