View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Hand Advice Please

Thanks for all the responses guys. I had been playing tourneys that day and had got knocked out with one with AKs and also beat another guy with KK vs AKs so I think that played a part in me being too tight. "Waiting for a better spot" is silly because that was the spot I wanted but sometimes when I don't see a wired pair my brain shuts off. Also I just had this sense that the guy had AA or KK the few hands he had been playing but it could just as easily have been a squeeze play. I realize my mistake now but here's an email I sent to someone else regarding my thinking BEFORE I posted on 2+2:

'here's what i did as i folded the hand. i figured even with calling i was at best a 48-50% favorite and way behind if he has AA or KK (he certainly could have pushed with the biggest hands to get it down to only 1 opponent with 2 interested thus far and others to go). i figured with still 25k in chips i would wait for a better spot with fold equity that i might have and didn't have in this hand. i got that spot about 10 hands later and pushed FIRST IN with TT. same guy calls with KJs (i'm in great shape at the flop and a 73.74% favorite to win then 75% on the turn) and he hits runner runner for the flush to knock me down and I went out 44th a few hands later which was just short of the bubble".

For someone that has been playing for so many years and hundreds upon hundreds of tourneys I can't believe I made this weak fold but I guess anyone is capable of making mistakes here and there.

Additional question, how much different does it make things if I have AKo or AQs??

Thanks!!!!