View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Albums that needed a few listens

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another choice for me would be Broken Social Scene's You Forgot It In People. I really like that album now, though I like to imagine that it ends after track 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I never really got into this album. Not that I didn't like it, it just never stuck with me. Guess I'll have to give it another shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, same thing happened to me. when i first listened to it i was like "yeah, it's good, but it doesn't really do it for me." now i love it. so many really good songs.

the new spoon album took me a while to get into. after a first few listens i was like "whatever," but i pout it on this weekend and it struck me that this was really, really good.

i must be the only person who was into YHF almost as soon as he got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on reading about her a bit I saw MIA. Wow, I do not get this [censored]. Do not dig it at all. The DJ was constantly using gun sounds in and out of time. That has to be the most annoying thing ever. She did invite the crowd up to dance with her on stage at a huge festival so that was cool.

I immediately loved YHF too. The sequence from War on War to I'm the Man who Loves You is incredible, tracks 4-8 I believe. Some of the tracks in the beginning don't mesh as well so I can see why someone might be initially turned off to the album. YHF is the BOMB.