View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a really bad idea because there is just so much for potential a fight breaking out especially in such a rivalry game. I also think it sends a very mixed message to his team because later in the game, they got called for another penalty for doing the chomp, yet continued to do it all game and could easily have been called for it. In fact, UF & UGA players were ON the field at different points during timeouts barking across the field & could have been easily called a penalty both ways. It seems like the refs decided they had called enough for 1 game. Also, I think you set a really bad precedent for future games if you have to do that to motivate your team in a huge rivalry game. It could easily backfire on them the rest of the season & if they lose to Auburn & KY, even this "gigantic" win will be for nothing.

Other than that, the consequences of penalties & such are fair & were costly and could have been even more so. His mock apology today didn't do anything for me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game had stopped being a rivalry for UF until UGA rushed the field. Overall, I liked it if only for the fact that Richt got his game on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it had been dead prior to this stunt, it was alive and well after it. We're not arguing that though, it could have easily caused a fight even if it revived the rivalry.