View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they are sick of taking all the blame for something lots of teams were doing

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed that Pats fans (which I am not) continue to say this as if it were proven fact. You don't even say "probably doing", just "were doing". This is fascinating because I haven't seen any proof that any of the other 31 teams did this, but I'd be happy to look at any articles or evidence that someone can provide me.

Not only did Belichick get caught doing it against Green Bay last year, a memo was sent out basically saying "DONT DO IT!" and then he did it again in the first game of the season.

Playing the "Patriots as the victim" card is so ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Patriots aren't victims, but they're not the villains everyone is trying to make them out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reasonable approach to watching the Pats (as a non-Pats fan) is to appreciate how awesome they are, never complain about them running up the score, and save up energy for laughing at them when some key player gets hurt. Its not that I'm HOPING someone gets hurt, its just that they have absolutely no sympathy if it does happen since they brought it on themselves. Which is fine by me, they can take on whatever risk they happen to feel is acceptable to reap the rewards they are going for. I think its awesome. As a non-Pats fan, I get to watch 60 minutes of awesomeness, and if Brady gets hurt I don't care because I could care less if the Pats win the SB.