View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: top 2 getting much action deep easy fold?

I don't think it's an easy fold, but I'm not sure I agree with the easy shove theory either.

MP's hand definitely seems like an overpair, but it's the CO I'd be more worried about. It does look like there's a real chance of a set of 7s or maybe even Js or 9s. If you do push, aren't you hoping for the very best case scenario that both have an overpair or are on big draws (or just possibly someone overplaying TPTK)?

Still, one of my 'notes to self' says, in general, just grit your teeth and get stuck in with TTP on the flop. I'd probably do just that but not feeling hugely confident.

One final thought: Is calling and seeing the turn another way of playing it? If the turn's a brick (ie a low card that doesn't help a flush or straight draw) push or, if it's a scare card, check and re-assess after your opponents have acted. Given the action, you're not exactly giving a free card by playing it that way and you should have a better chance of pushing someone off a strong draw rather than simply gambling.