View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the P

For every sensible thing he says, he says two crazy things. His supporters are nutbags, racists, xenophobes, junkies, and loonies. Its like the old school Libertarians have discovered the Internet and we have to see them now. Everything is not a conspiracy. I listened, I went to two meet-ups. Jesus, these people want to own machine-guns, grow opium, not pay taxes, and kick out anyone not straight and white from the country. Every other RP email I get is about going to the next gunshow. Not one peep out of RP to stop hate speech and insane behavior from his supporters at all kinds of public functions. Rip apart every existing institution because James Madison neglected to mention it.
Im all for limited government, principled leaders, and sound non-interventionist foreign policy. But, you have to live in this world and govern the government we have. The man isn't up to it, never was, and never will be. He is a country doctor who doesn't like how the country is going with a sunny disposition. That in no way means he deserves support to run the country. I'd vote for Hillary first and I cried the first time I had to vote for a Democrat for governor.