View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

Since this is here I wanted to post some map specific tips and tricks for Team Slayer

Snowbound
---------

I think the best strategy is having mid-range weapons and the ghost and controlling the top. Bad teams will try to control the base, but if you can get a lead early you can dominate the top, esp w/ carbines, BR, Sniper, & Needler + invisibility & overshields.

Narrows
-------

Control your own base. BR are great, so is the rocket launcher. Grab the launcher and run back to your base. If you die you spawn in the action so you will always have backup.

The Pit
-------

Control the sword room, if you die check the invisibility and Rocket launcher. Also, two shotguns to help control the sword room in this level as well.

High Ground
-----------

Controlling a single area is hard on this map, but mid and long range weapons are your friends the closer to the beach you are and close range weapons work well near the base. Dual maulers is deadly and don't forget about the tunnel. Controlling the base underground seems like a decent strategy, but I don't think it's the best.

Guardian
--------

This map is small, but controlling the power weapons is key. Your team needs to get the shotgun and gravity hammer. The yellow room seems easiest to control if you have both of these, but every area is pretty easy to infiltrate if you're a good team. If the opposing team is camping in that room grab the sniper and get some easy kills into the yellow room. Don't stay for too long though because the guy you killed more than likely knows how he died.

Isolation
---------

Control the top. Two guys w/ AR/Shotgun and two guys w/ BR and you'll pwn. If you lose control of the top go to the right or left edges w/ the BR and shoot into the room at the top, or go grab the rocket launcher. The ghost isn't too bad either if the team you're playing against sucks.