Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: ******** October Omaha Low Content Thread ********

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man do I suck at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man do I suck at HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-max is my B&B, but I'm doing alright testing the waters a little more in HU matches. HU just feels so frustrating sometimes because you can get run over for quite a while if you aren't hitting any flops. Don't misunderstand me, I 3-bet wide and C-bet a ton, but against people who are willing to stack off light it can be frustrating when you 3-bet QQJJ and the flop comes K72 and you have to fold to a c/r.

Also, I find that it takes a little while to figure out what your opponent is really willing to stack off with (unless he is being grossly out of line).

On the flip-side, it is really easy to feel God-like HU if you're playing an aggressive opponent and flops hit you in the face for the first 15-30 hands. I played a match the other day where I was able to c/r 5 or 6 flops in a row because I was flopping monsters and there was absolutely nothing my opponent could do. I think it really started to [censored] with his head because he clearly started to think I was just being an aggro-donk. It's not like NLHE HU (disclaimer I have very little experience) where you can usually tell if people are getting out of line post-flop because it's so hard to make a real had in that game. But in Omaha it's so much easier to hit very playable hands on the flop and thus you have to merge a MUCH wider range of hands.

Basically, HU Omaha is sick. And I love it.