View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: FREE SKULL[CENSORED]

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that many people are offended by foul language.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] them.

But no, seriously, I obviously realize that some might find foul language offensive, and that is their prerogative. I'm not gonna judge. But truth be told, people are offended by a lot of things. Political opinions, religious views, sex, indie hipsters, and so on. The question is whether your right to remain unoffended should outweigh other people's right to offend, or in this case, use offensive language.

I don't think it should, but I also realize it's a moot point since this is a privately owned web site, and notions of free speech are largely irrelevant.

That's why I focused on the practical concerns. Posters have to be careful not to accidentally circumvent the profanity filter (I know you probably won't have a problem with that, but come on, who are we kidding, most posters type their posts with their balls on this site), mods will have more policing to do, and the admins will have to add new words to the filter when they can't turn a blind eye to a new skull[censored].

How about we change the profanity filter to a voluntary option that can be toggled? That way, the poor sensitive souls who are offended by skull[censored] can give their eyes respite from the strain. Just a suggestion...

[ QUOTE ]
105,101 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored]