View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: poker pro - hardest job there is?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can teach almost anyone how to make $100-150k a year playing poker in a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that for a second. Think of all the people who have tried expert coaching, watching videos, posting to 2+2, and playing every day and still whine about breaking even at 0.10/0.25NL. Or, the guys who get past the basics but spend their entire poker career going on tilt and blowing their bankrolls every other month because they don't have the mental fortitude or clarity of mind to recognize a -EV playing situation. I don't even think sbrugby or cts could make the kind of claims you're making.

[/ QUOTE ]

My claim is based on having done it 4 times and having a friend who has taught 2 people as well. Now I realize 6 people doesn't make a scientific study but being 6-0 is still pretty good evidence.

There was one person that I considered teaching who I think would have failed because he lacked emotional control (mostly aggression and anger). So people like that couldn't but I think most adults have control over their emotions. That being said the more I read about people being addicted to poker and daydreaming about poker the more I question my assumption that most people have control over their emotions.

I also assume the individual will have sufficient funds to play mid limit. Playing micro limit is a waste of time.