View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Very interesting 100-200 hand. Need all the help i can get!

Wouldn't timex re-raise any A with a decent kicker before the flop? (If we exclude the possibility that he was going for a back-raise with a hand like AK or something.) His calling range here would be almost exactly 22-77 (and an 8). Given that wouldn't a VB with 99+ be very std or mandatory?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
3. If you are timex and Zupp bets 1/2 pot on the river, do you fold or call your 77?

3. yes id fold to half pot bets here (in this hand in this situation).

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a really good argument for pushing with 99+ and betting half the pot with any bluffs?

I think you are polarizing villains range to much in this hand (and especially in the other one you posted), into bluff or nuts.
If this was really bad and unbalanced players how would never VB anything worse then an A in hand 1 (and 2) and try several barrel bluffs with nothing, your logic makes sens. But I really doubt this...

If we look at the results, a call down turned out to be right, but I think you will get yourself in to alot of trouble against really good players by doing this. Since they would VB the [censored] out of you, knowing you are calling them down this light and they would also probably be more inclined in the future to VB really thin then to bluff in these spots.