View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Tough spot 50NL vs 2p2er, deep

The power brick for my laptop died so I played this in an internet cafe so no stats available. This hand is from memory.

Villain had mentioned 2+2 in the chat a few minutes earlier and I nicely asked him to refrain from mentioning 2+2 to outsiders. So he knew that I knew that he was a 2+2er. I didn't have any real reads on him but he seemed like a solid and aggressive player. I'd been tagish, maybe slightly more aggro than average. I have about $115 (230 bb) and he has me covered.

Hero is in bb with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to button who minraises to $1, sb (villain) calls, hero raises to $4, button folds, villain calls.
<font color="blue"> I put villain on some kind of drawing hand like Axs, a pocket pair or suited connecters. I assume he's smart enough to fold hands like QJ, especially out of position. </font>
Flop ($9) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero bets $7, villain calls.
<font color="blue"> Yay, I'm way ahead or way behind against a good player with deep stacks. Villain could have an ace, a flush draw, a pp, or complete air </font>

Turn ($25) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero checks.
<font color="blue"> Well his flush draw may have just gotten there. I check behind for the following reasons:
*I want to keep the pot small if he has trips or a flush
*I want him to bluff or bet a worse hand than mine on the river.
*I have no idea what I would do if he check-raised me. I think he could do it with air or a weak hand.
I decide to call up to a pot sized bet on the river.</font>

River ($25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero checks.

<font color="blue"> I feel like I missed a lot of value in this hand. This was towards the end of my session when I wasn't concentrating fully and I think the stack sizes and knowledge he was a 2+2er psyched me out. Thoughts? </font>