View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker installation problem?

I've sent the results to Microsoft as well as an email. They directed me to Dell since I had Windows preinstalled by Dell when I purchased the computer. Here is the last email I sent to Cake regarding this problem:

Since I have not heard from your support team in several days I had a Microsoft Certified Technician look at my computer. To fix the problem we tried the following:

* Attempted to run CakePoker in safe mode (it ran for over an hour without insident, which led us to believe there was an application running resident in XP that was creating a conflict)

Based on this assumption we attempted the following solutions (none worked - program always crashed with-in 8 minutes):

* Ran MSCONFIG.sys to eliminate all unnecessary programs that initialize when the computer starts up.
* Turned off all non-critical applications using Windows Task Bar
* Uninstalled any unused or unnecessary programs, including other poker sites

Please let me know if you have any additional suggestions or if you have received similar complaints from other CakePoker users. I currently play over 20,000 hands a month at competing poker sites and regret that I will have to continue playing exclusively on their sites if this problem remains unresolved.

They quickly responded with this:

Our technical staff have been testing a beta version of Cake Poker for the last few days which should be released by Wednesday. We thank you for your input and for the information that you have previously forwarded. This should clear up the recent issues regarding players clients freezing and crashing.

HOPEFULLY THIS WORKS!