View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: 5-10 stud hi lo two baby pairs on 4th vs 3draws.

lol @ adanthar.

Third is a little dubious. I would likely play this dog, but you give up little to nothing by folding it, and if you aren't entirely comfortable with the later streets, you're probably better off folding it. And there was nothing comfortable about the rest of this hand.

I think the initial raise on fourth street to try to get it heads-up with the bettor is fine. If you could have reasonably anticipated that everyone would call as they did, then you would have been better off waiting until fifth street. When everyone calls and it's three-bet, I don't like my hand all that much anymore. I certainly wouldn't cap. Two little pair is a trap hand.

The bet on fifth is OK, I s'pose. You're hoping that 764 will raise everyone out and that he doesn't have a straight yet. Fives are completely live, but you can account for a lot of the Eights and Treys, which helps. When everyone still calls, I just call and hope.

By sixth, I'm really starting to wish that I hadn't bloated the pot earlier. I think the pot is big enough that you have to check and call one bet, but you can't like it too much. There's a pretty good chance that you're beaten somewhere, but even if you're not, two or three people are drawing live against your two crappy pair.

I really don't like that the river bet came from the open Kings. Hopefully, he's just made a good low, and no one else has backed into anything. I think you have to call for one more bet.

Is there something wrong with chasing lows?