View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Deal values Facebook at at least 15 Billion Dollars

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but a large portion of my income has come from online advertsing over the past few years, and I have to disagree with you here. Maybe larger sites such as facebook or myspace work out favorable CPM deals, but a huge huge huge portion of online advertising is PPC or CPA. The only credible ad networks I have seen offering CPM do so with a scale, which is determined by how many people out of say a thousand views click through. CPM was to easy to defraud, and from what I gather has not been offered that much in the past few years. Please correct me if I am wrong though, because I would love to push a CPM program with a few smaller sites I am holding on to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for a private for-profit college in the Internet marketing department and many of the big places only do CPM deals. We got a quote from myspace 2 months ago and it would have been $40,000 for 12,000,000 impressions. Their lowest rate they offered was $2.20 CPM untargetted which is a joke for that site.

PPC is where it's at - we are on target to spend $200,000 on Google alone this year.