View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: A Snowy Vacation Home.. Where Should it Be?

Dug up the pics I have of Squaw.

Squaw entrance, looking directly at the tram building and KT-22(best lift/area serviced by single lift in continental US).

KT-22. Looking straight at the Fingers, think this is first day they were open last year.

Mainline

Headwall

Most of the Light Towers under very bony conditions(top left section of headwall pic).

Palisade-very filled in.

Granite Chief Peak on the right. Have to hike for it but its not that bad of a hike.

Good friend of mine about to hit a double. Unfortunately don't have any pics of me skiing.

Old Apline Meadows house. We were too broke that year to afford plow service. Tried shoveling but pretty much gave up on that by mid December. Would just ram the trucks into the driveway as best as we could. This is late spring so a ton of snow has already melted/compacted. Notice the snow knocked off the top of the roof, we kept a ladder on the side of the house and would climb up and go roof jumping after a big storm. Kinda hard to tell but its a good 30ft jump.

Current Truckee house after big storm last March. My car is actually completely buried in the middle of the driveway. Def get plow service...