View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: if it helps, i also have an overcard...

I got into this thread late, but FWIW my intial reaction to the OP was that this was a question of cap or call three on the flop. I was shocked to see so many people seriously considering a fold. This ain't Omaha, folks--any flush draw is worth continuing with, and if you end up in a flush over flush situation, so be it. Plus, you always have your runner runner straight flush to fall back on.

Also, keep in mind that with a flop like this, there are other strong draws which could be betting/raising the flop besides a flush draw--65 & 53 just flopped an open-ender, for example. As tyler mentioned in the followup post, a hand like A7 is also very possible given our reads, as are small sets or even small overpairs.

To answer the initial question, if the action was bet-raise-3bet, with no callers anywhere, I tend towards calling 3. If there has already been a caller/coldcaller, I like capping a bit more...basically, the more people who've committed chips to the pot after the flop, the more I like capping.

I bet/call the river. Our flop play pretty much announced our hand, so we can't count on anyone betting the river for us. And for the same reason, I hesitate to bet/3bet with our small flush.