Thread: assani
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: assani

[ QUOTE ]
- T God did not have anything in his avatar / loc that is censored by 2p2. Furthermore, if Jim felt it was inappropriate and wanted him to change it, the procedure that mods usually use in that scenario is to simply go in and change it, or ask the user to change it. There is no precedent for a ban there. Jim did not know this, nor did he know that the word 'dick' is permitted on 2p2, nor did he know how the location / avatar fields work. I still haven't seen him flat out admit that he made any kind of mistake, even though he clearly doesn't follow the discussions we have here about this kind of thing and, up until very recently, didn't even know some very basic things about how the site work, such as the [censored] filter or the location field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what MOD boot camp you went to, but when I went green I got zero information...nada, zip, nothing. I get the feeling that's how it works the majority of the time.

Obviously, we need to make the effort to try to educate ourselves and ask questions. There were still very basic things I didn't know until I would get a PM from admin or another mod - for example - the information you put into the "reason for ban" box is sent by e-mail to the user and to the reds.

This reminds me, I'm guilty of not yet spending enough time on V-bulletin to get up to speed over there. When we do make the switch, it would be nice to have a sticky in the mod forum of "mod basics" which explains the every day mechanics of documentation, notifcations, bans, etc.

I'm not talking about mod rules or even guidelines, just a basic map for new mods of where to go to take normal daily actions.