View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Default OT: Pooh-Bah Post

Finally I have made it to Pooh-Bah.

Thank you's
All who have helped me learn enough to enjoy and improve my game.
Mod's for not banning/locking all of my first 200 nOob posts.
Suzzer99 for the STTF SNG->cash thread, Bluefeet for sanctioning it and most importantly all those who participate there.

Poker Advice
Some general advice on costly mistakes a lot of us make.
<ul type="square">[*]Passing up +$EV edges early in a tourney. You should never be afraid to bust out of a tourney when faced with a good +$EV situation.[*]Applying Nash Equilibrium charts against villains who do not know ICM.[*]Playing more then 4 tables at lower buyins. You should concentrate on improving your game to beat the higher Buy-in. Its easy to add tables later.[*]Not having reads/stats. You cannot apply ICM correctly if you have no idea of villians push/call range.[/list]Becoming a Top Professional
This applies to all professions not just Poker.
To reach the top you must constantly up skill and improve. You will not get there if you stand still and getting to the top takes a lot hard work and dedication. So having a passion and enjoyment for what you do make the climb a lot easier.

About me
My first name is Ger and I am 41, married with 2 children (10) &amp; (7). I run a Computer Company in the Shannon region in Ireland. I also play Bass in a cover band in Pubs at the weekends.
Both these activities are financially rewarding and I enjoy them most of the time. I cannot see myself doing anything else.

Where does poker fit in?
I play poker now primarily for enjoyment. As I am a life nit, tourneys suit me better then cash. I like to gamble but hate to lose. This is one of the reasons why I think I would not like playing as a Pro.
Currently play double stack tourneys on Stars or Full Tilt.
If anyone every wants to hit me up on AIM my id is ger664d