View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part III: High Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]

still i wont' push with any two cards,, unless really short stacked and then it may be a king 10,, but rare.
instead i prefer a pocket dueces .. is that bad ?

i am now going to try to incorpate the disgusing raise into my play ,, you know the one where you bet big but if they call you are going to stop and go ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overthinking this. You're in a high blind situation. If you don't do something, you'll get blinded out and soon. If you keep waiting and waiting to pick up those premium hands, you'll either get blinded out, or you'll pick up your premium hand and double up right back to where you were before at 10xBB (or worse since the blinds are increasing still).

Pocket deuces aren't good at all for this. You're either a huge dog, or a slight favorite. I'd rather be pushing something like 78 and hope that I have 2 live cards.

Don't worry about disguising your play at this point, UNLESS you pick up a monster and you haven't started the push/fold routine yet. Once I start the push/fold routine, my opponents are looking for any excuse to call the "all-in idiot" so I don't have to disguise my big hands at all.