View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: heads up SNG - question i have been thinking about

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im also thinking that range is pretty liberal, with stuff like A2-A5 being unlikely holdings for example

[/ QUOTE ]
You clearly don't play enough bad players. I would want to pull AJ out of the range, because many bad players just outright push with AJ preflop (and maybe AT as well), or at least reraise. I'd also want to include a few random kings and weaker gutshots just for extra donk factor. (Yes, I have seen people do this with second pair as high as $100s, and it's a fairly regular occurence even at the $50s)

I'm also a little confused about how removing hands we're crushing (smaller aces) could possibly *increase* our equity from 42.59% to 62.79%, and I just ran this same range through pokerstove (copy-pasted your range directly in), with a board of AcKcTs, and our hand as Ad9d, and show us with 53% equity, so I don't know how you got 42.59%. Even if I make the board all clubs, meaning a lot of those hands already have a made flush, I show our equity as 47.693%.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to provide a realistic hand range that we are a favourite against.

[/ QUOTE ]
Color me confused, because as far as I can tell, we're a favorite against YOUR range, which I actually think is slightly too tight, rather than "pretty liberal". But one of the two of us screwed up in pokerstove, and I've triple and quadruple checked mine, so you might want to double-check yours. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I copy and pasted the range above, used a Ac Kc Jd, i gave Hero As9S and our equity comes out as 42.59$.

The difference is in the board you used - in OP he said AKJ so thats what i used, and you have AKT. I ran it using a Ac Kc Td board and it shows us as fave as you mentioned.

Also, the point about A2-A5 is i didnt think a villain would play them like this (not a good one) and if they didnt the equity changes because we will split with A2-A5 enough to increase our equity even though we are "dominating" them. It makes villains equity rise to 63.37% btw.

-----

Anyway, its entirely true im giving villains too much credit here, but thats how i analised it. Id like to see one of you guys who are pro calling give a range of a villain so i can see what you guys are seeing it as. Maybe im over crediting villains and maybe ive identified a leak, but if we are ahead here then im sure we will find a spot where we are further ahead later down the line (obviously im not pro folding +EV spots, im just not sold on it being +EV long term). A mistake calling here is a big mistake. A fold here is a small mistake.