View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: 10NL: Blind Defense

[ QUOTE ]
At any level cash that I've played at, blind defense has been fairly low on my priority list. I look to make my nut in position.

In this case, don't call with such a marginal hand OOP. If you are going to play it, 3-bet it. If he comes over the top, let it go. Really, don't call with marginal hands OOP. Would you limp/call in MP with that hand? Probably not. You can call with some pairs and drawing hands, but with weak high card hands you need to raise. Otherwise you end up check/folding, or worse, playing a bad top or second pair hand OOP. That just isn't winning poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

decent points. in this particular hand the villain was felted.

my opinion on the reply about being "worried" about blind steals stands though. me thinks when someone makes a blanket statement to the effect of one part of the game "not being important" at a certain level is ludicrous. all aspects of the game come into play and where better for one to learn than at the lower levels?

is hand selection less important at NL10, NL25 or NL50? if some of the newer players are afraid, or don't care if their blinds are being swiped by a 35% to 40% blind stealer to their right, how will they stomach 3 betting and playing back at NL100?

at lower limits advice is given over and over to limp in with hands, be speculative and learn to stack'em. at the higher levels if someone comes in weak they are certainly exploitable. the post concerning playin AJo in EP is a prime example.

but to tell people, and allow others to read about "not being worried" because it's only "dimes" is a blatantly ignorant blanket call.

EN