Thread: assani
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: assani

in that thread you are complaining about the way mods are using the discretion that has been given to them by 2p2. in this thread and the jim kuhn thread, we are talking about breaking (or not breaking) one of the few rules that have actually been firmly established for mods. they are two different things.

things like subjective standards for banning or practices around inappropriate locations are things that we discuss here often, and having a consistent policy depends on mods paying attention. yeti follows these discussions and pays attention to what other mods think. jim kuhn apparently doesn't follow them closely at all because he was unaware of a very common precedent concerning locations, and also unaware of what words are censored on 2p2. and you apparently follow them even less because you didn't even know the discussion took place.

and somehow yeti is removed as a mod while jim kuhn is never even reprimanded.

(i think jim is a pretty good mod btw and have no desire to see him get removed, it just illustrates how out of touch this decision is on your part).