View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: heads up SNG - question i have been thinking about

[ QUOTE ]
Im also thinking that range is pretty liberal, with stuff like A2-A5 being unlikely holdings for example

[/ QUOTE ]
You clearly don't play enough bad players. I would want to pull AJ out of the range, because many bad players just outright push with AJ preflop (and maybe AT as well), or at least reraise. I'd also want to include a few random kings and weaker gutshots just for extra donk factor. (Yes, I have seen people do this with second pair as high as $100s, and it's a fairly regular occurence even at the $50s)

I'm also a little confused about how removing hands we're crushing (smaller aces) could possibly *increase* our equity from 42.59% to 62.79%, and I just ran this same range through pokerstove (copy-pasted your range directly in), with a board of AcKcTs, and our hand as Ad9d, and show us with 53% equity, so I don't know how you got 42.59%. Even if I make the board all clubs, meaning a lot of those hands already have a made flush, I show our equity as 47.693%.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to provide a realistic hand range that we are a favourite against.

[/ QUOTE ]
Color me confused, because as far as I can tell, we're a favorite against YOUR range, which I actually think is slightly too tight, rather than "pretty liberal". But one of the two of us screwed up in pokerstove, and I've triple and quadruple checked mine, so you might want to double-check yours. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]