View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Default NL25 preflop fold AKs - raise+3-bet by tight players to my right

Is this fold correct?

Ok, I donīt normaly like to fold AKs preflop, but the initial raiser is a regular who doesnīt get out of line preflop, and the villain to his left is a regular whoīs not fooling around with light 3-betting, he probably has JJ+, AK.

I saw no +EV play for this hand:
- it is very unlikely that both of them should have hands that they fold to a shove.
- seeing the flop by calling isnīt good either. Most of the time, I miss, and I am most likely up against a pair, and it will be bet agressively. If I hit, I might still be up against AA, KK. Plus, they are ok players and they are not loosing their stack w/ JJ, QQ if I hit, so if I hit, I win a lot less if I win compared to thise times I hit and loose.

If you think this is nitty, whatīs the correct line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($4.90)
UTG+1 ($24.65)
MP1 ($54.10)
MP2 ($4.65)
MP3 ($24.40)
CO ($24.70)
Hero ($26.45)
SB ($22.40)
BB ($24.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3</font>, Hero folds.