View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM

Default 5/10, 21/18 villain calls OOP and donks, wtf?

Over 2,6k hands villain(no history) is running at 21/17,5 with a flop, turn and river AF of: 4,2 1,6 4

Step 1: What hands do we put him on pre-flop? I can see him calling with small pocket pairs, 22-77 and maybe T9s, JTs, QJs, KJs, KQ and AJ.

Party Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $632
Hero (UTG): $2,385
CO: $1,000
BTN: $995
SB: $998.75

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $35</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $30, BB calls $25

Step 2: How can we narrow down his range when he leads into pfr and one cold caller? I dont think he will lead a flopped straight and I dont think he has a set, bcuz of his stats. I also think he might C/R a set here since I can just call w/ a draw. If he was sure I would raise him w/ a hand or a draw he might lead w/ a made hand but he couldnt be sure of that.

I think all hands that give a set would he be 3-betting me with preflop.

Flop: ($105) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $80</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $80

Step 3: What hands will he keep firing w/ on the turn?

Turn: ($265) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $220</font>, Hero calls $220

Basically the same read here but since his turn AF is a bit lower I am not really sure anymore what to do.

Step 4: Now what?

River: ($705) 8 (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $663.75 and is All-In</font>, Hero ?

Comments on every street please! Do you call/raise/fold and why?