View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Albums that needed a few listens

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely 10,000 Days. I was pretty suspect of the album even after the first few listens. Now I have a hard time deciding which of Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days is my fav. Tool album.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1996 or so when Aenima came out, I bought it. I was young, and entering my 'hard music' phase, and all I had heard of hte album was "Stinkfist" (titled "Track 1" by MTV) and I was blown away and bought the album.

Was NOT what I was expecting, I thought that it would be a lot more metal, and I shelved it.

Then I listened to it occasionally casually, while I was playing video games or something, and I realized one day that I absolutely loved it. Still my favorite album of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I became aware of Tool about the time I stopped having time to listen to album after album and had to start getting serious about life (yes, I'm old, don't ask). The first time I heard one of their songs, I just stopped and said "That's [censored]' awesome!" I need to hear more of that." Any recommendations on what to start on if I ever get around to it? Also, what is it about 10,000 Days that's hard to warm up to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't answer this, because, for me it still doesn't get there, Aenima and to a lesser extent Opiate blow my mind, undertow is cool in it's own right and has probably the 2 biggest 'hits' the band will ever have.

The later albums don't do as much for me, and this is probably because I haven't had the time to listen to them enough, but, unfortunately, that's the way it goes for the time being, but this also gives me something to look forward in the future I guess.