View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Albums that needed a few listens

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely 10,000 Days. I was pretty suspect of the album even after the first few listens. Now I have a hard time deciding which of Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days is my fav. Tool album.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1996 or so when Aenima came out, I bought it. I was young, and entering my 'hard music' phase, and all I had heard of hte album was "Stinkfist" (titled "Track 1" by MTV) and I was blown away and bought the album.

Was NOT what I was expecting, I thought that it would be a lot more metal, and I shelved it.

Then I listened to it occasionally casually, while I was playing video games or something, and I realized one day that I absolutely loved it. Still my favorite album of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I became aware of Tool about the time I stopped having time to listen to album after album and had to start getting serious about life (yes, I'm old, don't ask). The first time I heard one of their songs, I just stopped and said "That's [censored]' awesome!" I need to hear more of that." Any recommendations on what to start on if I ever get around to it? Also, what is it about 10,000 Days that's hard to warm up to?