View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

all,

normandy trip (stayed in caen) was a success! i'm back in brighton, and it feels very good to be able to speak english freely. i was getting quite sick of, "bonjour, parle vous anglais?"

it took all day to get there on saturday, and i wandered the streets of caen for a bit. saw william the conqueror's castle and ate some food. also bought the most expensive heineken in my life, but whatever, i deserved it.

sunday i went on a d-day tour offered by the memorial de caen. we went to the memorial de caen, which is a d-day museum and some sort of monument to world peace ([censored] that). we also went to see parts of the mulberry (floating harbor that the allies brought with them), part of the atlantic wall that was still in place, the american military cemetary, omaha beach, and pointe du hoc. very cool trip.

here are some pictures.

part of a church in caen.

rail station in caen.

mulberry floating in the water.

me in front of a gun! (yes, i have quite the ensemble on!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] tyler)

at the american military cemetery.

me on omaha beach. (again, i look quite dashing!)

at le pointe du hoc. those are bomb craters in the ground.

anyway, i think that it's so cool that i got to do this. it's all very nice buying expensive clothes and cars, but actually using my illegitimate money to see the world (lol) and discover things that i've only read about or seen in movies is just a phenomenal opportunity. i've thought a lot about this, and i'm so very glad that i've had the chances that i've had when i'm young. i'll make jokes and all, but i feel very fortunate to be where i am, doing what i'm doing.

anyway, the next pictures will be from greece. maybe even a few of the girlfriend for all you guys to jack off to.

besides, to quote the late, great, lester bangs, "anybody who doesn't jack off at least three times a day is a queer."

holla