View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: very tough spot with flopped set

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Passive and/or prone to large multi-way pots for only 1-2 bets pre-flop. Additionally its a horrible thing to do unless you play very well postflop, have a great image pre-flop, and you can maximize the rare times that you do indeed hit. I'd think its safe to say I wouldn't recommend a lot of the posters in this forum do it, but some would be foolish if they didn't exploit small edges such as limping w/33 UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you kidding? Small pocket pairs are profitable, and easy to play post-flop. Image means nothing because nobody is paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to re-read my post, you only read what you wanted to see. Small pocket pairs are of course profitable if you play well post flop, but if your a bad player who lips with 33 and when it becomes a multiway pot then you check-call on a 5 way flop of 8 2 J because its ragged then its bound to be a losing play in the long run (I think a lot of readers of this forum aren't good players yet but are on their way). Image also makes a difference because if your opponents are just slightly observant they will call instead of raise with part of their range, and for others they will limp in more loosely because they think to themselves "if the guy who always is raising thinks its ok to limp, then the waters must be safe".