View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Oktober der Niedrige Zufriedene Faden(Oct. LC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
i feel wierd saying this because i recently posted a hand where i fold(albeit rarely) a good hand, but my gosh this forum's going crazy with wanting to make big laydowns. have you guys been reading mid and high stakes too much?

remember that along with the environment of the small stakes games, comes the small stakes players. these players make alot of different mistakes. these players put money in loosely and build big pots. these players(even the passive ones) are literally capable of all sorts of spastic postflop play.

the key to beating small stakes is build huge pots with an edge and drag your fair share(or more), not making the big laydowns. now there are exceptions to everything, and to an extent it depends on the exact games you are in(i.e. live players that are really passive make it easy to get a good read so i can see folding with more frequency) but in general you guys should be learning to make thinner value bets, not thinner value folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

james i think i have to take "credit" for this with my absurd trip queens hand.

honestly tho, maybe its because i play 10/20, which i guess is right on the border of small/medium stakes. at this limit the postflop play isnt spastic like it is at smaller limits. plays make sense, and most people dont randomly do things for no reason. perhaps some of the logic in my posts doesnt apply to 2/4 and 4/8 games.