View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
OP: sounds like you got a bit more information and a timescale. If you haven't, you should have done and I'd agree with CS guy that a lawyer's letter before action may at least jog them into committing to those two things if they haven't already, although a lawyer would not be saying anything you couldn't say yourself. I'd be glad to help you draft a suitable letter if you'd like. I definitely think you should get a commitment to pay interest as I said before.

[/ QUOTE ]

The intent of a lawyer letter is that it threatens a site with bad publicity. I would guess that a site like Full Tilt Poker that relies so heavily on marketing and PR as a strong part of its business model to not let a poorly handled fraud investigation bring it down. Imagine if this story breaks out into mainstream headline news.

[ QUOTE ]
If there is criminal activity, are the police notified?

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends on the jurisdiction and the severity of the case. With big fraudulent cases, usually ones that exceed over $100,000 in fraudulent funds the FBI, Secret Service, Interpol and other international law enforcement agencies have been actively involved working together with the sites and the processors.