View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Hand & tournament endgame help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think shoving pre with 28bb is not optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not optimal during regular play but this is end game with relatively shallow stacks. TT may seem like a monster in shorthanded play PF but I still prefer to play it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands that are going to call you (at least for SURE) are AA-JJ & AK, probably AQ. I can't say I like the equity vs this range.

As for the hand, his bet seems like a donkbet w/ a hand not containing a jack. If he had a J and he's confident that his jack is good and/or he's willing to go all the way with it, he'll CRAI instead of leading to get some more dead money in case you have a hand like AK/AQ and throw out the obligatory cbet. I push here, but that might explain some things about my weak game [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Another dynamic that you might not have considered, but I guarantee the BB has thought of, is how shortstacked the SB is. With an M of 6.66, the SB is getting pretty low. If you push here, the BB has to call knowing that you can eliminate him before the shorty busts. Most people HATE being forced to call for their tournament life when they've mentally said "that guy's so short, I've pretty much locked up the next rung on the prize pool." If he's thinking about how close he is to being heads up with you, your push will definitely bring him back to reality.