View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: I have an idea and need advice

What I mean by Anonymous is that I won't be donating money in my name. It'll be in the name of the business/charity and I'm going to try to conduct it in a way that nobody will know that it is coming from me. The specific group that I want to target is a group that is generally forgotten or unknown. It's not like a group like donating to people who need money to pay the bills, people who need money to buy christmas gifts, or people who need money because they have a family financial crisis and are struggling to get by. I don't mean anonymous to the point where nobody knows where the money is going, but rather that it is unknown that I am the one who is doing it. I'm not trying to deceive anyone.

I didn't say I wanted to make income from it, but wondering if it was possible. If I continue to donate money, then my donations will depend on my income. And my donations will depend on factors that are related to the group I am targeting, and so to stay ahead of the game, I want to be able to grow.

As I think about it more and more, there are some issues that I am wondering about, such as moral hazard.

I was just asking some preliminary questions. There is nothing fishy about it, as anyone who knows me knows I'm not a "fishy" person.

Stephen, you're right though, I do need to do some research before I get in over my head. I definitely wouldn't do it without a plan.

Part of this idea came from my mother who donates 80% of her income to people, 10% to her church, and keeps 10% for herself. I want to make a spin on it and target a selected group. Her donations are a large function of her income and she can't expand beyond that.